Tuesday, April 14, 2009
25 Random Things
It was an exercise that I was invited to try, it became more introspective and thought provoking than I originally thought it would be. I started out very self assured but I feel like I learned some things from myself!
Here are 25 random things about myself.
1. I love to knit.
2. Yarn is my obsession, it worries me that I have so much I will never be able to knit it all, but I love to look at it and buy it.
3. I always wanted to write, a book, or a diary or something meaningful, but can't write when I see a blank page, and it sounds so stupid once I write anything down.
4. I enjoy being alone.
4. I still can't believe how much I love my kids, it almost hurts.
5. I made terrible choices and decisions in my life that continue to affect me.
6. I appreciate fiercely loyal friends, and try to be the same.
7. I love to laugh really hard, and want to do that every day.
8. I really don't like to watch violent or sad movies. That doesn't leave very many movies.
9. I have an acute sense of smell and am easily turned off by strong smells, my favorite scent is fresh basil.
10. I wish I had more time to do all the things that I want to do.
11. I think having a great relationship with the kids at school is a key to good teaching, but I think some people don't agree with me.
12. I have an amazing family, and extended family; I have come to realize that we are the exception not the rule.
13. When I am at work I am very often homesick, I get that homesick feeling like you used to get when you were little.
14. When I am sick, (happily, very rarely), I still want my Mom.
15. I think my father is and was the smartest and most sensitive man alive.
16. I still dream about running miles and miles, I wish I could still run. That was my greatest love for a very long time until I busted up my ankle.
17. The greatest life lesson for me was from Bambi, "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all." I am astounded and horrified by mean people.
18. I really believe silence is golden.
19. I am sad that I never experienced a true committed, comfortable, married relationship in my younger years.
20. I never want to be married again.
21. My favorite piece of music is Beethoven's Violin Concerto. I feel like I could pick up a violin and play it because I have listened to it so often. Guess what? I couldn't even get a sound out of the strings! I admired my children when they played the viola.
22. Sometimes I want to tell people how much I love them or how much they mean to me but I get too emotional so I worry that they won't know.
23. I changed the colors in my whole house from earth tones to blues and greens many years ago and I am much happier. I created a good living space for us.
24. I love to read but I wish I could read and knit at the same time. OR read and row at the same time, or knit and row at the same time. OR knit, read and row at the same time.
25. Rowing is serene and peaceful, rhythmic, entrancing. I love to row.
Posted by Nan McNally Wagner at 11:29 PM